# Shopify Integration Guide
# Shopify address validation made simple
A step-by-step guide to integration for Shopify address validation.
If you are using Shopify Plus, please click here to get started.
# Install Post Checkout Validation
# Step 1
Install our app from the Shopify app store (opens new window).
# Step 2
Once the app is installed, you should now see the app's configuration page. If you need to make changes at a later date, this can be accessed from the Apps section of the Shopify nav bar to the left of the page.
Post checkout validation will now be live on your store. If you need to disable it at any time, select "disabled" from the dropdown and click on the "Save Configuration" button.
This app validates addresses after the checkout. To test that everything is working correctly you will need to go through the process of creating an order on your store. You can learn more about creating a test order here (opens new window).
Before you go live, test the integration to make sure it is working properly.
For the UK Postcode Lookup integration only, we have the following free postcodes for testing: AA1 1AA, AA1 1AB, AA1 1AD and AA1 1AE.
If you need assistance, drop us an email on email@example.com – we will help!
# Validate Shipping Addresses
Fetchify's address validation app for Shopify automatically checks your customers' address after checkout and provides a validated and correctly formatted alternative match using the best data from Royal Mail, USPS, and other leading global address providers, to ensure delivery addresses are as accurate as possible. Our datasets are updated daily to make sure you always have the most up-to-date data including newly built properties that can be as much as 6months out of date from free data providers.
# Why Validate Addresses?
- Capture correct addresses for fewer failed deliveries or returns
- Reduce customer complaints and resolution time for missing deliveries
- Reassure customers that they've been able to correct an error before the item ships
# What Will the Customer See?
- Customers place orders as normal but are shown a corrected address option on the order confirmation page
- Customers can choose this option or keep their original address as typed
- When the revised address is selected the customer shipping address is replaced on their order with the new data and the order is saved.
# How Much Does it Cost?
Every time a customer completes an order you'll be charged $0.04 USD which will be added to your monthly Shopify fees. There is no fixed monthly fee for this service and the total each month will vary depending on how many orders you've received.
# Do I need to have a Fetchify account and buy credits from Fetchify?
Not for this app. Once the app is enabled, every time a customer completes an order you'll be charged $0.04 USD which will be added to your monthly Shopify fees. You'll be able to see the breakdown on your monthly Shopify invoice.
# Do you offer support?
Yes, we do offer support during normal business hours in the UK. If you run into any issues, let us know and we will be happy to help.
- We recommend pausing or password protecting your live store before making any changes, or testing it out in a test environment beforehand.